topbar_address - is not exists.
topbar_phone_2 - is not exists.topbar_email - is not exists.

Educational Credential Assessments (ECA)

Educational Credential Assessments

Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)is the process of evaluating foreign educational qualifications to determine their Canadian equivalent. It helps to assess the value of an individual’s educational credentials earned outside of Canada for immigration and employment purposes.

The ECA report helps immigration authorities and employers to understand the level and type of education an individual has received and whether it meets Canadian standards. The assessment is typically done by designated organizations approved by the Canadian government.

How do I get an educational credential assessment in Canada?

To obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) in Canada, you need to follow these steps:

  1. Choose a designated organization: There are several organizations in Canada that are approved to do ECAs for immigration purposes. Some common organizations are World Education Services (WES), International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), and Comparative Education Service (CES).
  2. Gather your educational documents: You will need to provide official transcripts and any other relevant documents from your educational institutions to the designated organization.
  3. Apply online or by mail: Most designated organizations allow you to apply online or by mail. You will need to pay a fee and provide the required information and documents.
  4. Wait for the assessment: The designated organization will assess your educational credentials and provide you with an ECA report, which typically takes several weeks.
  5. Use the ECA report: The ECA report is valid for five years and can be used for immigration and employment purposes in Canada. You can submit it to the Canadian immigration authorities or your potential employer.

Note: It’s important to ensure that you use a designated organization approved by the Canadian government to avoid fraudulent assessments.

Do I need ECA for a Canadian degree?

No, you do not typically need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for a Canadian degree. If you have completed a degree from a recognized Canadian institution, it is generally considered to meet Canadian standards and does not require an ECA. However, it may still be a good idea to check with the immigration authorities or the employer you are applying to, as some organizations may require an ECA even for Canadian degrees. Additionally, if you have completed a degree from a non-Canadian institution and wish to use it for immigration or employment purposes in Canada, an ECA may be required.

How much is ECA fee?

The fee for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) can vary depending on the designated organization you choose and the type of assessment you need. On average, the fee for an ECA can range from CAD$200 to CAD$400 or more. Some organizations may also charge additional fees for expedited processing, courier services, or additional copies of the ECA report. It’s recommended to check the specific fees for each designated organization and compare them before making a decision. Keep in mind that the cost of an ECA is typically a one-time expense and may be a worthwhile investment if you need it for immigration or employment purposes in Canada.

Latest Posts
  • -  Working Visa

    Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program

    The Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is a government program that allows skilled workers from around the world to immigrate to Canada and work in their chosen field. The program is designed to address Canada’s labor market needs by attracting highly skilled and experienced workers who can contribute to the Canadian economy.

  • -  Working Visa

    Top Reasons For Canada Working Visa Rejection

    Working visa rejection is a situation where an individual’s request for a work permit to work in Canada is denied. This means that the individual will not be able to work legally in Canada. The reasons for rejection can vary and may include inaccuracies or incompleteness of the application, lack of required documentation, health or security concerns, ineligible …

  • -  Working Visa

    What visa do you need to work legally in Canada?

    There are several types of work visas available in Canada, each with specific requirements and eligibility criteria. The most common types of work visas include the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) Visa, the International Experience Canada (IEC) Visa, the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) Visa, the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) Visa…